Wednesday, May 9, 2012

To the people who get me.

To the people who get me:
Thanks.
Some people don't, and they are vocal about it, and when I hear shit that they've said, I won't pretend that it's easy, cause it's not.
San Jose remains a small town.
I hear alot about what y'all think of me.
Tonight, validation.  Validation from people that I care about, people that I respect.
People that I have known for 20 days.
People that I have known for 20 years.
They see my process, they see that it is necessary to my sanity, they see ME, they acknowledge me and so it is.
So it is.
To the people who get me:
A thousand thank yous.
Because you knew me when I was a young thing, and you know me now, and you see that I am the same, save for a ten year hiatus in cray cray town.
To the people who get me:
You see that I am a powerful woman, even if you have only known me for a few months.
You see that I care about you, your children, and your situation.
You see that I am for real, Outkast style.
Thank You.
I am doing some real work, y'all.
In public, unabashed, I don't care what you're whispering about, this is shit I've got to say.
Take it , leave it, gossip about it, forget it.
I know who matters.
Me.
 My three children.
and the people that get me.
Thank You.

1 comment:

  1. Whisper whisper, "Katie is a G", whisper, whimper.

    ReplyDelete